Now we know why Elaina has had such a hard time these past few days...Mother's intuition told me to have the doctor check her ears, and alas, she has her first ear infection. Poor baby! She really hasn't been tugging at it too much, but the obvious pain when she lays down to nap or sleep at night, seems to have been causing her fussiness and sleeplessness. (She was up, I kid you not, from 1pm-10pm on Wednesday!!!) We began the Amoxicilan last night - and boy was that a trip. My child is STRONG and thrashes around when we try to give her any medicine (Tylenol, saline drops, etc.) Even with 2 of us last night, it went on the floor and all over Scott and Elaina. You can tell we are first-time parents who are still learning how to do all of this. (Scott exclaimed, "How do they expect us to do this when she spits it out all over the place?!?) My question is, "How am I supposed to do this without his help for the next 4 days??" The answer is always the same: God's grace. Without it, I'm lost! Anyway, after talking to a couple girlfriends, I got some new "tricks" I can try next time...pray they work! And hopefully we will soon be on the fast-track to a full-recovery. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment