These past several days, Elaina has been not napping well during the days, and waking up a lot throughout the nights. I think part of it has been the separation anxiety common to this age, as she wants to be picked up and held, to get back to sleep. She goes down pretty well, but is waking up almost every 45 minutes, crying. (??) Most of the time, she settles back down again; but sometimes she really screams for a good 15 minutes and gets herself quite worked up. I've been trying to really pray about it, before, during, and after we put her down. I'm taking it to God and I truly think He's been giving us the grace to know what to do and the patience we've been needing. I suppose there is a challenge to each unique stage of our children's lives. It's neat to see how the Lord carries us and grows us through each one...I still have to pinch myself that my baby is nearly 9 months old. How the time flies!
These are some hard monthes as they are changing and growing in their personality and dependency. You guys will figure it all out soon! God will give you the patience and grace you need on days where you think you might go crazy. :)
ReplyDeleteIm sure once her ear infection is better, things will start getting easier in the sleep department as well!! love you guys!
I can't believe that sweetie will be a year old in July!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!! Time slow down on us!!!!!
ReplyDelete