My how the time does fly. I feel like I say that all the time, but it's true! Elaina Joy has grown and changed so much in 9 months. I especially love her fiesty personality that's coming out more every day. She is one active child! (I told Scott the other day that we need to enroll her in gymnastics as soon as we can, as she loves to climb.) Her energy level just doesn't quit! The only time she is remotely still is when I am feeding her a bottle and putting her to sleep. I savor those precious moments of cuddle time. My new, pervading dilemma is trying to get things done around the house while still letting her have her "freedom" to explore and finding the balance between the two. For in the few seconds it takes to put something away, she is quickly headed toward danger. It's quite exhausting! I feel like I spend my day pulling her away from no-no's! We're still working on taking more baby-proofing measures around the house, and mixing things up for her throughout the day, to keep her entertained. She pulls herself up to stand on EVERYTHING, especially me! For example, for the 1 minute I sat on the toilet, she came crawling up lickidy-split and pulled up to stand holding my legs! Along with her exploring comes the bumps and bruises already...But how I treasure my little girl. She is the joy of my day. I find myself constantly thanking God for her. I wouldn't trade this time at home with her for anything else in the world. Here are some pics from today...


This is how I found her after her nap...I cracked up! She truly loves to cover her face and then...

Peek-a-boo!

"Now how do I climb on outta here?"

This trick is old-hat now.
"My ear still hurts! But it's getting better!"
No comments:
Post a Comment