Yes, these are the two things my daughter has EATEN in the past 2 days! Yes, she is FINE. Just a bit scary though. Yesterday we were out enjoying the gorgeous 75 degree day, Elaina was holding a leaf in her stroller...At dinner soon afterward I pulled a large black thing out of her mouth - there was the leaf. :0 But today was even more concerning when I came to get her after her "nap." Ok, so she did no sleeping during this nap. Instead, she found a way to stand up and use her bottom 2 teeth to gradually scrape a good-sized patch of white paint off the side of her crib! I immediately called the doctor who told me to call poison control. I also had double-checked with Babies R Us to make sure the crib they sold us had non-toxic, lead-free paint, which it does. Poison control told me there wasn't much I could do; just look for it in her stool over the next few days. Gotta love it! This girl keeps me going! We had already put a bite guard on the one side of her crib. But she is biting below where you can put a guard. My pediatrician said there wasn't much we could do about keeping her from doing this again... so let's pray it's a one-time thing, or we might have to have her sleep in her play yard for a while! Good grief!
On a lighter note, Elaina got a raving review at her 9 month check up this morning. I love our new pediatrician! He told me what a good baby she was, how smart she is...just so encouraging and personable. (The other day she was standing holding onto my leg, and LET GO, balancing on her own for a few seconds, with her legs spread wide apart!! I told him we're probably going to have an early walker on our hands. He said this age is the very earliest they ever see it.) Her ear is looking much better, praise God. Though, of course we still have to finish the antibiodics. (Better said than done! The girl fights it like a bucking bronco!) Here are her stats:
Weight: 19 lbs. 8 oz. (60th percentile)
Length: 28 inches (70th percentile)
Head: 17 1/4 inches (50th percentile)
Elaina and I also spent plenty of time tickling, wrestling, kissing and hugging. There is nothing like her sweet baby laugh. She keeps me on my toes, but how I LOVE my darling girl!
Back to School Printable Resources
4 days ago

Jen, I got worried about Isabelle chewing on her crib rails at this age, too. I bought these covers found on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Easy-Teether-Cover-White/dp/B000H3FRA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1239132462&sr=8-1
ReplyDeleteThere are some other varieties as well. I liked that they were cloth and easy on her mouth. The velcro is really strong, and she only recently began being able to take them off.
Praise the Lord for adventurous little girls!