Sunday, January 24, 2010

Little Gym and Life Lately...

Part 1: Phoenix! Elaina and I made the trip out to Phoenix last week to visit Mom Mom and Pop Pop, Uncle Stephen and Aunt Grace. It helped to pass the time while Daddy is away at training. We started out the trip sick (uck!!) but thank goodness it was a short lived bug.

Elaina and her Pop Pop being silly!

I love seeing my little girl's smile in these pics!



We love you, Mom Mom and Pop Pop!!!!

Part 2: Litte Gym Graduation! On Saturday, Elaina finished her "Birds" class and will move up this week to the "Beasts" class. She showed off all her skills, and was then presented with a ribbon during their little awards ceremony - so cute! We were thankful to have Daddy home for the occasion. :)


Riding in the parachute as the parents spun it around, singing.

Forward roll over the hot dog!

Backwards roll over the hot dog...

Flip over the bar...

Elaina's signature move: pulling up on the bar! (The girl is S-T-R-O-N-G!) This move always amazes the teachers and parents watching...he he. :)

She's now a pro at walking the balance beam, with support of course!

Attempting a forward roll on the balance beam...

Getting her ribbon while we all clapped for her!



I had to find her star...:)

Part 3: Life lately

Belly shot at 21 weeks. I am 5 1/2 months already! The next 4 months will fly by, I know! I feel baby boy throughout each day now, which is always a delight for me. I love knowing he's okay in there! And he can hear us now, which always makes it fun, singing and talking to him. (Thanks for the new maternity top, Mom!)


Seeing Daddy off today. Elaina did really well. We are half way through training. God has provided for us so far, and we are counting on Him to be both Husband and Father while Scott is away. Last time Scott came home briefly and left, Elaina had a HORRIBLE couple of days. I am gearing up for that again, but hoping for the best. Overall, my little girl and I are enjoying so many special moments throughout each day, playing together. Elaina's personality and language are just exploding these days. I love being able to communicate with her now, so much better. She's a little girl now, with a lot to say!
Here's a quote from Dr. Dobson in a parenting book I'm reading, based on a 10-year study, that really reminded me and encouraged me of my significant role as mother...
"The single most important environmental factor in the life of a child is the mother. According to Dr. White, she...carries more influence on her child's experiences than any other person or circumstance."
What a privilege to bear this title! What a responsibility! How thankful I am to stay home with my baby. What an important role. God, may I be faithful as I walk each day in your strength!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stones...thank you for posting such wonderful pictures! Glad to see Elaina with her Phoenix family and to see Scott home (even though it is just for a short time). You are in our thoughts and prayers...love from the Browns.

    ReplyDelete