Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Thankful Thanksgiving

This year Thanksgiving was spent on the West Coast: first in California with Scott's mom, then in Phoenix with my family. It was a whirlwind 6 days! Elaina was such a trooper with all the travel (5 flights) and time changes along the way. Here are some highlights from our trip:

Me and my sister Grace, 13. She's got braces now which is the reason she's not showing her teeth in this picture!


My precious family: Stephen (14), Mom, Grace, Dad, Elaina, and me. Not the most flattering picture of everyone, but this is all we got!
Cooking with my mother-in-law, such a rarity!

Thanksgiving in California with Mary, Aunt Susie, and cousin Mark and his wife Emily.

Out to eat with Grandma!


These are among my favorite pictures: Elaina's first time on the beach! (Laguna)


She was bold at first, but then a cold wave came and knocked her down. From then on she was scared and wanted to be held after that. Poor baby!


The Stone family of 4 :) I am just now beginning to show a bit...


We loved this outdoor mall. Elaina's first carousel ride! She loved it.


Me and my beautiful girl!


I love this one of my parents with Elaina. How she loves her Mom Mom and Pop Pop!


And now I would be remiss if I didn't pause and list the things I'm most thankful for these days...God continues to be so good and ever-faithful in my life!


*The Lord's presence with me throughout each day, giving me daily strength and grace

*His Word: promises to cling to

*An amazing husband who is SO good to me, loves me and Elaina like crazy, and is just so incredibly handsome!!!!

*A little girl named Elaina Joy, whom God uses daily to make me like Christ

*This new baby inside me, now 14 weeks along. What an easy and healthy pregnancy it has been so far. I do NOT take this for granted. I can't WAIT to begin feeling movement in the next few weeks!!!

*Our 18-week ultrasound was moved up to December 31 - New Year's Eve! Now Scott will be able to be there. SUCH a praise. We will find out Baby's gender then, too.

*Loving, supportive parents and in-laws.

*The new girlfriends God has brought into my life recently!


The list could surely go on and on...

THANK YOU, LORD for your many countless blessings! Give me a grateful heart ALWAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment