So Elaina LOVES animals (like her buddy Jonah) and loves reading her animal books. She often looks at them by herself, turning the pages slowly, pensively taking them each in. (This is so cute to watch, by the way.) One book has a picture of a turkey, and once or twice I said "Gobble, gobble" when we got to that animal. Well, the next day at lunch, I was giving her a slice of turkey lunchmeat. When I said, "Here's some turkey", Elaina replied, "Ga, Ga, Ga!" (Gobble, gobble..) I couldn't believe it! She had obviously recognized the sound of the word from the book, and could relate it to the lunchmeat. Unreal! I'm so proud of my little smarty pants!
When picking her up from nursery today, they told us what a little "monkey" she was. "She is all over the place - she climbs and does things none of the other kids would even THINK to do!" Scott and I just had to laugh, once again. Our little monkey. :) Maybe she'll have a career in gymnastics we keep thinking?!
She waves at neighbors, people at Target, whoever she sees. She LOVES people, especially kids! The neighbor kids have been coming over lately and playing in our driveway, which Elaina really enjoys. :)
That's all I can think of at the moment...for now she's got a cold that's been keeping her (and us!) up at night and naptime. Praying it passes quickly...
Back to School Printable Resources
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment