Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Little Gym Begins!

Elaina attended her first class at the Little Gym this morning. It couldn't have gone better! I had been praying this would be well worth the money we're spending - and I saw that it will be worth every penny! Elaina wore herself out, climbing and rolling around. The class size is small: only 6 children total! (And 3 of us moms are named Jennifer! Go figure. This is nothing new! We all had to laugh as we shared our names. This is exactly why I chose "Elaina" for my child...I love that it's not common!) One mom I knew from DayStar, which was great! Another mom and I chatted and we talked about getting together for a play date soon. This mom I believe is the mom I'd been praying for, as someone I can share the Lord with this semester! :)

I had to laugh, as Elaina began dancing each time any kind of music was played. She'd bounce her little bottom up and down - the teacher laughed too. I told her, "Her daddy is a drummer, and we are always playing music and dancing around the house!" The teacher replied, "Yes, I can see that she has rhythm!"

Our activities included: hello and goodbye songs with bells, parachute play, balls and bubbles, walking and running, learning "log rolls", backwards climbing (which Elaina already knows!) to get down from a step or ledge, holding a high bar for upper body strength, and LOTS of climbing!! They even had a little rock wall in there!

Elaina loved watching the other children her age there, and kept walking up to them and the other adults and teacher, "talking" in her baby gibberish. This is such an all-around good fit for Elaina, both physically and socially, I am just so pleased! Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Elaina! What a sweet little girl. :-) Can't wait to squeeze her one day!

    ReplyDelete