Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Breakthrough

This week, I discovered something. Elaina is more ready for solids than I thought. In fact, she prefers table food in tiny pieces than the pureed stuff. This week we tried the Gerber "Puffs" and now she feeds them to herself! I've also given her cut up canned peaches, mashed potatoes, beans, and canteloupe! I'm still trying some jarred baby food to fill in the gaps. She's definitely not an aggressive eater yet, even with the table food pieces, but at least I saw progress this week. She actually will open her mouth to receive the pieces, which is more than she's ever done with the stuff on a spoon! And she tries so hard to feed herself, it's so funny. Most of the time it ends up on her face somewhere, or falling down her bib. The puffs are about the only thing she can manage to get in herself. I'm so proud of my big growing girl! And can I also just say that "spunk" and "drama queen" are also words I've used lately to describe my girl...She's got quite the personality now and it's so fun to watch it unfold. It just makes me laugh! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment