Monday, April 20, 2009

Our New Van!


OK, so you can call it a "Mommy-Mobile" but I have no shame in that! I've waited my whole life to become a Mommy, and will love driving my little ones around in it for years to come! :)

Here's the story behind our van - it's quite good: My darling husband, a Dave Ramsey junkie, followed all the 'rules' in buying it. We saved up and paid cash for it. Scott did his research to find us the best deal. We ended up getting it from a lady who lives minutes down the road from us! (Ha!) She was asking about $2,500 MORE than what the van was worth. We knew this would be an issue, and I was fully prepared for a NO answer, and tried to be prepared for that, knowing God would provide another van in the future. We took out the green cash from the bank. Had to hit 2 banks because one didn't have that much to give us! (Notice I say 'hit' because it did feel like we were robbing the bank!) We snuck out of each bank with a HUGE wad of bills in pocket. The people working at the bank probably thought we were crazy. But we made Dave Ramsey proud, I'm sure of it! :)

So Scott made his case before this woman, showing her all his research and reports. She was still hesitant to come down. Then, his last tactic, was pulling out a wad about 2 inches thick of hundred dollar bills. He carefully spread them out on her kitchen table. Needless to say, after that, she said "I'll take it!" I winked at Scott, we grinned at each other, and knew we finally had our van! The waiting, the hassle of being down to 1 car, and saving all paid off. Thank you Lord!

My prayer has been that we would always use this van for God's glory. It's really HIS, not ours, anyway. Everything we have is a gift from God. May we always honor Him and serve Him, as we use it over the years!

1 comment:

  1. great job! I only pray that we can be as disciplined with our finances one day!

    ReplyDelete