Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

He is risen! Today we celebrated Resurrection Day as a family. We were so thankful to be together, enjoying worship at our new church this morning, a delicious lunch out at Carabba's, and a lovely walk outside on this warm day!


At Carabba's

Lovin' her Daddy

The Stone ladies

Elaina's dress was a gift from her great uncle Rick. The green sweater came with it, too! All we bought were pretty socks to match! All the ladies (and men) doted on our sweet girl today, wherever we went. "Did the Easter bunny visit you today?" one lady asked. No, he didn't, and I don't think he will be anytime in the future! I'm all for giving Elaina an Easter basket full of candy and/or a toy each year, but we want to keep this holiday all about JESUS!!


2 comments:

  1. we are not doing the easter bunny over here either. For several reasons, 1. We want the focus on Jesus, the Easter is hard enough for children to understand much less when a huge bunny complicates it 2. because when I was little, I told my littler sister that the easter bunny was going to kill her while she slept and from then on I had to sleep with her every Easter. It got old after awhile! Glad you guys had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures!! What a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete