Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Enter Teething!

Well, our girl is officially teething. We saw the evidence of it yesterday, finally. The culprit of these sleepless and painful nights: her first tooth is making its way through! I almost took her in the doctors for fear it could be her ears. So, I was glad for this evidence. Poor baby, she is screaming in her sleep, during nap time and especially throughout the nights. Scott and I feel like we have a newborn on our hands again!! (As Beth said today, you think you've got it made once they sleep through the night, but NOT true!!) So we've been TIRED lately, getting up with her, trying to soothe her. But there is much JOY in our hearts this week...We finally had our "celebration date" last night at Ruth's Chris, in honor of Scott getting his 737 type-rating - a long awaited reward! We dressed up and everything...it was so fancy and special. Then we came home to some JOYOUS news about one of my dearest friends, who was watching Elaina for us. I will blog more about that later!! But I am praising God today for the work He is doing in her life, and have many sisters on my heart today who are facing major issues. If you know who I'm talking about, keep on praying for them all!! Thanks!!

4 comments:

  1. Oooooo!! Ruth's Criss. Fancy shmancy. And totally well deserved. Caleb never fussed with his teething, so I'm sure Katelyn will make up for his lack thereof. :-) I hope she starts feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally know what is bothering Elaina. I think its worse when we dont know whats going on with our kids! Before you know it, she will have a mouth full of chompers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby...teething is painful but I'm glad it isn't her ears. Congrats to Scott and I'm glad you both were able to celebrate together. Still praying for your friends...keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! It is not her ears! You are entering a whole new world and a new step in the life of Elaina! Congrats on the latest milestone.

    ReplyDelete